Insider Make-up Tips with Deepa Berar: Part One
ModernRani asked Makeup Artist and Youtuber Deepa Berar what her 6 must-have items for wedding day and she shared the following helpful tips and inside info with our readers:
1. MAC Studio Finish concealer. This has got to be one of the best concealers in terms of coverage. Be careful though, more is not always better with this product. Apply sparingly and set with a loose powder so it stays put all day.
2. Eyeshadow primer. This stuff is amazing and I never wear shadow without it. It basically acts like an anchor, holding your shadow onto your eyes all day long and preventing it from ending up in your eye crease. Urban Decay's primer potion is a great one.
3. Lipliner. Filling your lips in with a lipliner will not only hold your lipstick on longer, but it will prevent the color from bleeding out around your lips. Choose the color that most closely matches your lipstick. Deepa’s Rec: Stila long wear lip liner.
4. Translucent powder. The worse thing is when you get your wedding pictures back and your face is shiny in every single shot! Carry the powder with you for touch ups and make sure it's lightweight as you don't want your makeup to end up looking too cakey by the end of the night. Deepa’s Rec: Laura Mercia loose setting powder.
5. False lashes! If you are planning on wearing false lashes, practice applying before hand so you get used to applying them and the feeling of the weight on your eyes. You never want to try something new on your wedding day and end up feeling uncomfortable all day! Deepa’s Rec: Ardell False Lashes
6. Matte foundation. While the dewy look can be pretty on certain occasions, your wedding day isn't one of them. Shimmer will bounce light off your face and make you look shiny in pictures. Opt for a foundation like NARS Sheer Matte instead.
The most important thing is to practice! Watch tutorials, go to the makeup counter for tips, invest in your brushes, but most of all- have fun! Whenever I get ready for a big event, I relish the time I spend on my makeup. There is just something that is so relaxing about creating art. ;)
Speaking of videos, come back next week as we share some helpful videos by Deepa on putting together your bridal look!
All photos and videos posted on this page are the properties of the listed vendor or their associated parties. Please contact the listed vendor for more details. If you feel that there is an error in the content of this page, please contact us at